Saturday, October 4, 2008

Owl Post Admin Now Has Volunteer Assistant

Owl Post admin Michele Ballard (also known as Chele) sent out an update today informing us that she has now brought in a volunteer helper named Meredith to assist in processing ads for the program's members. After struggling with a lackluster financial situation earlier this year, Chele has now caught up on payouts and is bringing in revenue from AdSense and Bidvertiser clicks. She has also managed to include a smiley face at the end of every paragraph of her latest update.

Meanwhile, if you would like to join a long-running and sustainable paid-to-read (PTR) program, you can sign up for the Owl Post here (yes, it's free).




I just wanted to take a minute to apologize to everyone. Ads have been slow getting set up, I took on a volunteer helper, and I haven't sent out any admin updates in forever. I just need to use my time better and figure out a schedule that works :)

Most of my time these days is going to volunteer work at the St Vincent dePaul and I'm part of the St Christopher Conference of the St. Vincent depaul. Which means, we meet every two weeks and on every Tuesday and Friday we do home visits to people who have come in and applied for help with their utility bills. If there's a St. Vincent dePaul in your area, please take the time and go down and offer to volunteer, even 1 day a week would be appreciated. :)

Now for the new assistant. I really didn't think about it, but then a long time member sent me a message that they were upset about it. For months Mere would email me to let me know a banner or ptc was screwed up so I could fix it. Then one day she volunteered to set up the ptcs and banners for me. I discussed it with Eva and she knew Mere as a long time member and agreed it was a good idea. Mere has been a God send. She sets up all the ptcs and banner rotations for me. One member even said Mere was a weird name, personally I like it. It shows originality and uniquness, much like my Chele name. Also like my Chele name, which is short for Michele, Mere is short for Meredith. :)

I am still here for anyone who needs me. You can email me personally at cheleb36(at)gmail.com, admin(at)the-owl-post.com, you can get me on yahoo cheleb32(at)yahoo.com, you can get me on msn, cheleb35(at)hotmail.com, you can get me on aim hrtsrwild28. If you have a gmail account, you can add me and get me on gmail chat. :) I'd give you my phone number, but lord knows I hate talking on the phone. I guess the hours and hours I spent as a teen on the phone is the blame for that. :)

Anyways, I'll try to do better and if you need me, just give me a holler. :)

Chele

No comments: